Home Study photography courses with the School of Photographic imaging: Distance learning photography
Study a photography course from home with the School of Photographic imaging.
The School of Photographic imaging is brought to you by the makers of Amateur Photographer and What Digital Camera magazine and is one of the largest and most vibrant photographic communities in the world
Our photography courses are informative and fun, guiding you through everything you need to know to take and process images of the highest quality. See full list of courses.
Courses cost £299 for a full length course or £79 for a bitesized photography course and include full-colour photography manuals, free photographic kit and great discounts – including discount on Photoshop CS6 . See full list of benefits.
As these are home study courses, (or distance learning courses or correspondence courses as they are also sometimes called) students are free to work at their own pace and in their free time and can submit their work via the web or post. There are no classes to attend and you can enrol at any time. Each module is run by professional photographers who are experts in their field and can give you detailed and valuable feedback on your work. Find our more about the tutors.
Join one of our inspirational home study courses and let our faculty of professional photographers and tutors transform you into an accomplished photographer!
Choose from the following home study photography courses:
- Master your camera
- Learn to compose images to a high technical and artistic level
- Hone your skills in specialist subject areas such as landscapes, action, wildlife and portraiture
- Learn how to use your camera
- Gain a basic understanding in how image editing works
- Improve your technical and creative skills to take better pictures
- Build on your existing photography skills to capture and process a digital image to a high standard
- Learn new skills such as using white balance, sharpening and image adjustments including levels and curves
- Learn to use Adobe Photoshop, Photoshop Elements and other image editing programs
- Find out how to correct tone, improve colour, remove blemishes, convert to monochrome
- Learn how to present your images at their very best whether printed or online
- Creative Camera Control – stepping out side of Auto and exploring the Modes
- Practical Composition – framing, composition, viewpoint and perspective
- Worry Free Workflow – from lens to print – A complete programme
- Ten Steps to Perfect Pictures – ten factors that give your images the edge:
- Macro and Close-up Photography
- Landscape, Cityscape and Seascape
You can check out the wide range of SPI courses available by clicking here.